Monday, June 09, 2008

Clutter removal

In just under two weeks I'll be moving in with Jay. His place is completely furnished and decorated, and my clutter isn't needed (nor wanted by me). I've been spending every waking moment at home going through my worldly belongings, some of which have been stashed away and following me around for years. Last night I threw away my postcard collection (correspondence with no real "worth") and tonight I'll give away my bouncy-ball collection to my niece. It's been difficult for me to let many things go, but I know removing clutter from my life will help me with my financial goals. There are so many things that I've bought or been given that I haven't used at all. It's forced me to face those things, cut my losses, and look at how I can avoid it in the future.

The few things I'll keep are very thought out, and we'll find some way to incorporate them into his style so completely different from mine.

No comments: