Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cross-trainer extraordinaire!

I'm officially cross-training. I've started swimming 3 days a week. Not that I'm running, currently. A little over a week ago I tried with instant shin pain. I really love swimming, I've always loved swimming. I was a lucky girl growing up, with an in-ground pool.

Somehow, during the past three months of almost no running whatsoever, I've decided that I want to run the local half-marathon in September. You can go from 2mi long runs to 13.1 in that time, right? Especially if you're doing a ton of swimming and manage to lose 15-20lbs? I just don't want to wait until next year.

I can't wait to get back to running. I've decided I'm through with the treadmill this year though. Hopefully when April arrives 40° weather will, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy! Hope you are doing well. Your emails had started bouncing a while back, and I had no way to get a hold of you. I wanted to wish you a happy birthday, so I started searching for your name on the internet, and found you on threadless! Miss ya roomie!! Drop me a note sometime.
-Heather